Tuesday, February 14, 2017

charity shop box stash

On one lazy afterschool chartity shop stroll I have stumbled upon a dreams-come-true kind of a mixed doll stash/lot in price of five pounds. I grabbed it without checking much so had lots of fun discovering the content...

 ...so obviously one of Poca's edition (made in china, with dry and cut hair) with 2 dresses, original early 90s gymnast and ski outfits with shoes, Kens shoes, Mermaid tails, Jasminas bottom and set of satine lingerie and painfully colourful bicycle...all perfectely from the same era...

 I decided to keep the bicycle for repaint and already managed to sell 90% ofthe stash enjoying the time spent while taking pics for eBay... charity is happy, roro is happy, dolls in loving hands, eBay earned too. win - win situation;-)

Barbie turns out to be Cut'n'Style 1995 blond Barbie with cut short bob and fun velcro looking a bit like an undercut actually.. original choker still on...



thanks to this unexpected finding I refershed my memories about being too 'grown up' for dolls but trying to decide which I'd get while being amazed by the choice of hair colours (and vivid outfits posibly;-)

Cut'n'Style dolls came in few versions with packs of hair refills sold separetely!




so interestingly - no Teresa as brunette bit Christie s an AA...

Pocahontas had this other dress which I once saw on blog - with autumn leaves appearing and metallic trim so I started to dig a bit and realised how much of a commercial success she must have had (and obviously is stil produced till nowadays). I remmeber the mould and Native stylistic as very refreshing but out of my reach already...

so except of classic one there were versions with twirly hair machine, changing colour hair editionand a beautiful snowy winter one*...and much more, all with fancy names and accessories or not (no swimsuit realness surprisingly, LOL)







months later i will meet my nude Colour Splas one:-) 

*they are called: the spirit of love, sun colours, feathers in the wind, winter moon and shining breids...


***  **  *** 


No comments:

Post a Comment