Monday, July 10, 2017

Bootsale / My doll nr 102 Darci

Oh one good sale it was... not only I had a lot of fun, bought cool stuff, sold most of it with fab profit ...but also ca write an epos on things I have left behind since I came with 10.00 pounds only (never again from now on as I found Asda in between two carboot's locations;-)

Here is the general overview (21.07.2016)...

From non-doll related - fab emerald jersey dress bought from the same person as two wall papers... I had a good instinct with these - they were indeed original, vintage 60/70 vinyl Made In England ones. Bought for 2 each sold for 28 each LOL (obviously i left behind two blue-violet ones, grrrr as I was o bicycle and short on cash, as usually LOL)




Then there is embroidered piece for my cottage kitch corner, potential 'floristry' containers and a spelling game...

Then... Spice Girl'd Geri head, 40 p. - thought i'll repaint her but no time and uninspiring mold after all... and sooo 80's Tonka rock'n'roll, Hollywood something doll from larger series..


Then dug out from one container of dirty and tangled dolls: vintage doll with a brken leg and missing hand and rather charming Mackie with a side gimps. Payed 50 p. for both and managed to let one go;-)
 before and after






























Her make-up is really charming, mocca-gold...but her eyes are huge an dI don't do blue-eyed blondes, right;-)

Here she is in original packaging with lots of accessories:-) Fashion Fever 'Hair highlights'



I knew her face looked familair... my doll nr 102 is 70's fashion doll Darci... I can't even...she is wonderfully heavy (like Hasbro's Jem), proportional, realistic, minimal make-up, fab hair with stylish elegant wavy curl... just the embodiment of 70's to me...


 fab wardrobe too...



since she is blonde I guess I'll stop at only one of these.
Due to numerous fatal injuries I had to transplant her gorgeous head onto spare barbie gymnast body. Here she is before her International Woman's Day session...


Continuing... the last aisle of this fruitful carboot was just amazing...
There was this guy, he must have been selling out stuff from his antique shop or something...
He had a pile of vintage Sindies, Pippa dols, Debanham's fashion doll you name it... I tried to keep my cool and have chosen just a few.. negotiated with the guy and he agreed to cut the price to 10 pounds for all of them...then it came to me - I have spent most of my money on wallpapers, aaaaa

I had three pounds so I only took vintage, bend arms Superstar to loot her diamond jewelry and auburn, short haired Sindy whos body looked unusual (and plastic a bit decomposed;-) and i hoped she is really old... I don't want to think about what I have left behind.. should've arrange something or pay w/ paypal...anything...


Jewelry went to my Walmart Barbie and this poor lady (with a needle hole on her forehead found a new loving home soon) - here she is in her original state (aaawwww):


I managed to identify Sindy as 60's one indeed and got over 50 pounds!!  for her in the end...
here are few of souvenir photos from my auction:







 ohh that was intense
(it doesn't mean that 'unfortunatelly' I am not hearing eBay's call... 
life with a doll 'on her way' is just not spicy enough LOL
TBC


1 comment:

  1. OMG! zdobyłaś DARCI, moje wyśnione cudeńko!
    gratuluję tej ślicznotki - mnie kojarzy się
    z Gwiazdą Kina Niemego - tajemnicza i piękna ♥

    ReplyDelete