Sunday, May 28, 2017

My dolls - nr 92

One more doll which was pretty unexpected and unusual - /possibly and hopefully/ the last one of the fruitful Summer 2016. I purchased her just before leaving for holidays. She was posted to my friend, spent Summer in a cupboard and I managed to pick her up during lunch get together in September.

It is a lovely Midge sculpt doll dressed as a Chinese Empress (1996-Barbie-Chinese-Empress-Doll-Great-Eras-Collection). I'm not the biggest fun of this face nor the Heart Family but this one couth my attention as Mattel often used her do produce Native American dolls. I definitely have no luck with these...




she is sharing her duty with Teresa which is much better idea... later Goddess mold is obviously much more suitable and attractive!

Mattel has a long, ancient and recent, history of so called 'Asian Dolls' in traditional clothes. Only recently the mold became more appropriate... and as much as I love my new doll I cannot understand why Miko is not the impersonator...




She arrived in non attractive envelope packaging (only one level above the mummy package;-)
 missing shoes and most of her accessories...
 Her costume consisting of coat and a dress is extremely well tailored and well designed (not the most universal though). I enjoy her make-up a lot. Lips are fab and she looks much different from the 'Mum' doll I associate her with...


as you may heard she has extremely silly hair - long and wavy at outline yet short and curly on top of her head to pit/fill the fancy hat she used to wear originally...

When it came to her transformation I was very confused - tried to streighten the top and cut the rest, or cut the front and make a huge afro. Saw people 'partially rerooting' her but its like 3/4 of head in the end (and do I want her to look like a Native American?)


 help me!
In teh end I decided to put her fair back, conceal the short one within the long ones which I curled using pipe cleaners and hot water...

 <3
the result is lovely as she has got really high quality hair.
I'm still not sure about styling (and she has TnT body which sets some limits) - she is rocking my hand-made meta-Benetton jacket and khaki top and skirt. With her horse riding boots she has a little bit Mexican or Argentinian vibe but maybe I cannot control that completely in the end...



 benefits of being a floristry student...




 

**  **  **








3 comments:

  1. Wow, jest prześliczna mimo bardzo charakternej twarzy i dziwacznego, oryginalnego uczesania.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nie jestem fanką rudowłosej Midge -
    ale w kruczoczarnej wersji łapałabym!

    ReplyDelete