Tuesday, November 17, 2020

My Dolls, No 188

 Today yet another 'ethnic' doll that I stumbled upon and just had to save.

The AA version/editions of any doll in any wave is the one I am always after. The Sleeping Beauty is quite a curiosity indeed. Coming from Eurocentric narrative, remade to satisfy diverse market needs.

This particular not only bares a graceful Macke face sculpt but also sport6s one of a kind old-school sleepy-eye situation!

Here is a very blurry commercial from 2000 w Caucasian dolls - if you can bear the singing...


Here they are as boxed dolls:


..and a close-up on my future girl...


Here is my pr girl IRL - nude, hair seriously chopped and the 'switch' at the back operating her eyelids jammed and unreliable.


I love her surprised, Bambi-like expression...
other than that...well was tempted to snatch her caramel body but her head is made of hard plastic, only moves around left and right so definitely not a good candidate for a body donor



Let's see then...

It's been way over an year (of lockdowns, UK edition) since I got her so took me a while to dig her out of the bottom of one of my sub-category doll collecting concealed box LOL 
Anyway - here she is enjoying her spa time with other thirsty hair gals...taking a nap!?



...Spa wasn't super successful and she is extremely unposable doll but I still thought - quite unique due to her 'sleepy eyes' so I gave her a while session with her other fairy-tale cousin Mackie.

Here they are dressed down as usual enjoying a cosy autumnal interior....


N



oh no, what's happening! who woke me up!?

Oh, hi Rapunzel!





...are we done now?
Can I go back to sleep?!


***






1 comment: