Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Shoe-box of Superstars 63 - 66

oh ok, I am not very good in being fed-up with dolls...
I honestly can't recall what was the direct impulse...except of Memories, Dreams, Blogs, Mattel Heritage and such, hahaha and a Crystal and Peachy classics I already had...

What can I say I have been desperate to win this auction and I fought a good fight and spent £25 on eBay for the first time which is not at all crazy when you think about boxed, 16" and such dolls, right;-) yet the biggest barbie size fortune I spent for dolls so far...but when you count per capita, hmmmm (£5);-)

The 'worst' thing is that my collection is living its own life and heads into directions I cannot fully control, oh well...

here they are as seen on ebay;-) yeah...

oh what can you say...
I manage to overwhelm myself with second-hand dolls once again...
I remember the feeling very distinctively as they definitely came from NOT a smoke free home...

'Fortunately' there is no glowing stars gown Barbie and a bag-gown Barbie so I still have reason to live:-P... They are in lovely condition except of missing some jewelry and shoes obviously...

I'm still in the middle of the battle with myself - I might need to sell the 'extra' Crystal and Peach Barbie... as the poor charity / bootsale ones I got before nude don't deserve to be abandoned again! yet this mean I might need to steal jewels and dresses from these two, ohh....*

I will prepare separate entries about these two as \i have material to be compared... I don't really have my own proper session with them just yet... and their hairdos are not restored somehow...

1. Pink & Pretty Barbie 1981



she is missing all of her jewels and some  elements of original clothing but is just perfect with her minimal make-up and honey-gold blonde hair...


2. Loving You Barbie 1983



This is just amazing...I still cannot believe I have her - don't really know what to do - I can't restyle these, i should display them but they are not core of my collection (which is not displayed anyway - except of what i am working on - sitting at my desk).
Stunning make-up, dress I always afored for being so dolly and red red red! The heart shaped bodice is so cleaver. material it is made - despite being artificial doesn't feel so cheap... Love the dark blonde again and the hairline you cannot confuse with anything else! Original earrings - check!

I love collecting dolls - you can fulfill your childhood dreams !!!


3. ballerina 1976, Platinum Hair

I am truly delighted to have such a vintage doll in my collection... never seen before one like her from up close! The bad news in she doesn't make me feel much and i don't really want to go in that direction... that i need to have one of every mold and other historical stuff... I don't enjoy that mold and hair are too annoying... Golden-tan dress is fab but doesn't seem to be the original (great study by Lunarh and her photo below...). She needs an apreciation session and a new loving home.



TBC



*I managed to send Peach to a good new home already but Crystal has such a lovely hair and her dress is compeltely different, and make-up as they might be from different series...uhhh



2 comments:

  1. ballerina młodsza ode mnie o 3 lata
    ma jeden z najsłodszych pysiałków
    retro, jakie mnie urzekają od lat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patrz, ja jakos nie moge..usiluje spzredac ale wymeczona...

    ReplyDelete