Saturday, December 31, 2016

16" of doll (No 58)

And so the story end - the story of a marvelous, over the top week of May the 9th - full of dolls and weak will;-) Devil is throwing these dolls at my legs, and I bid and i win.. but it is still a little bit my fault...

After Livs, more Livs and Kaylas I stumbled upon AA doll which was unusual! 16" already sounded tempting and desirable to me (#too many doll blogs) and this one was 'ethnic', boxed, dressed and only £9.99... the auction was ending just before 3 o'clock / school pick up time on Wednesday or something... I was the only one taking part, which i still consider a bit strange and on the edge with a destiny thing:-P

Madame Alexander, Paris Williams 'Dinner for two' was to become my AA 16"!

She looked like that in her (unusual for me) formal clothes:




I didn't know what to expect from her body so I did a little research beforehand.
Paris Williams has always the same face mold but different fashions and editions...






4 points of articulation on arms....
/no, mine didn't have underwear underneath the suit/


also articulated waist, knees, ankles... 

quite a spectacular line of high fashion dolls not for children (which still confuses me)


I remember being totaly impressed but also overwhelmed by the box,and paper, and bows... a product that makes you feel feelings essp if you grab it for 9.99....


 impressive suede jacket 

 fully lined and numbered... its gonna be super fun and a challenge to sew for this one... but i love the scale..so much more comfortable and handy than 11"...
her throusers are no less impressive:
with a great finish and a mini zip...

lacy blouse:


shoes, not pictured are sand / camel leather flips on heals - nicely glued and finished...

the doll has nail polish on hands and toes...
 and an extra articulation point for high heels...
belly button and the most impressive 'chest':
 and a numbered, not so for children bum...
her calm and regular face is not less impressive...

I knew immediately - I don't want to go in this direction at all... they are not fun, they are not innocent... very powerful, overwhelming and over all terribly expensive which is disgusting - just as the idea of collectable toys for adults...
I love her but she will be the only one.

I have hard time doing stuff with her - still no custom roro fashion...

(also...her body is actually much worse quality than hear - you can see plastic edges and its too shiny... knees are a bit 'blocked' and do bend or rotate... she is completely stiff at her neck - basically only turns her head around... - its a bit confusing)

...so I am ending the year with a memory of a very bad taste in my mouth and the feeling that i have reached the top /shelf/  and the bottom /fall/ of my doll collecting...

***   ***  ***



2 comments:

  1. ZAK♥CHAŁAM SIĘ NIEODWOŁALNIE!!!
    GRATULUJĘ tak ciepłej postaci!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, o nie!
    tez nigdy wczesniej o nich nieslyszalam..
    nza pocieszenie donosze ze nieco sztywniara i wyniosla /takze w karku!?/

    ReplyDelete