Sunday, March 18, 2018

My diorama

Yes!
The day has come...
Daddy was making... well I can't even remember what...let's say fixing a hole in our wardrobe - 3 years after our vintage mirror got broken during move from Luxembourg to Cambridge... anyway - (now I remember we changed carpet from our toilet (i know!?) to PCV and it needed a new even surface!) - anyway he got two 'sheets' of lovely thin plywood... and happen to have lots of square and triangle-shaped leftovers... I might have battle or two over it with my own kids, but hello!!!!

I managed to negotiate a triangle and two rectangles - three of these will make my future folding flat doll corner...


From the leftovers we crated a kitchen/dining table - a bit too tall a bit too heavy - a glue gun extravaganza... to cover imperfection I painted it mint green using leftovers of our shed paint...


Later on I used a drawing paper roll and white glue to cover the walls. I'd loove some patterned fabric but thought this will be more versatile. Humidity of glue made paper all wrinkled after drying up which gave it a nice texture I guess.
It's all very improvised and low budget but still lots of fun, no overthinking and nice final effect:-)

Floor got covered several times with an oldchool floor polishing paste - smell of childhood and Christmas! It darkened the wood exposing its natural patterns.

Luckily my new diorama gave me some brand new opportunities and temptations in charity shops and carboot sales excursions... Barbie scale miniatures, dishes, furniture, decor and accessories...

My first furniture was a bed made of mini wooden Christmas hamper/cheese box turned upside down. Thick scarlet fabric made a padded matters...


My first shelving was plexi pcv perfume/nail polish storage unit - now a piece of modern, minimal furniture - perfectly presenting mini collections of floating objects...
Five'oclock sleeves as records, miniatire perfumes and modern doll house classic - metal chair for mobile...


I also deconstructed and repainted some dog grooming plastic accessory. There you go - a stylish antic piece of furniture:-)



I love all the mini stories you can tell now - other than redressed doll standing and looking nice;-)









5 comments:

  1. This is a really cute little room, plus all the little extras that give it a homey feel! I bet your dolls are excited about the stories that will be created in the new room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-)
    lots of fun year later as well:-)

    ReplyDelete