Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Project update

Do you remember my (not)singing 16" Aurora Disney carboot doll?
In process of trying decid if I am repainting and rerooting that sweet cartoon face I stumbled upon an interesting doll. Head large enough to be in proportion with the above mentioned body and quite lovely acrylic eyes. Price below one pound definitely invited me to experiment...

Here is the doll I have got...

tiny body, bow in hair and dated contoured lips make-up;-)

A doll forum guru informed me she is part of hideous Chincz Gilz line...

I wish I could work with this green-eyed brunette instead, but apparently these dolls are hard to find nowadays (Natalie vs. Sofia)...

Here is a mini fotomontage of how she changes with her make-up removed and then hair cut...

Not only she looks like a boy now... without a great effort I can pretend I am doing a face-up and wig for some super-extra japanese doll LOLz



Her head is super hard and combination of large size and small neck/hole makes it impossible even to remove the rest of her hair. I just keep in shortening the leftovers... and will create a wig cup using this turorial #wishfulthinking...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ods9Ca8B8
lace, elastic, sewing and gluing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oHA-v6pskA
yarn and glue only...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nTgXohapg8
fabric, elastic an dmore glue...
that's my favourite one..and I love the hair colour!!!!

looks easy, right...

...so here is she being spooky patiently waiting for a cap to dry...

Here are my hair processed and ready
(what a messy mess it was with these stiff extra long weaving hair...)
fab colour and texture tho...
here I am in the middle of gluing (messy and toxic ;-)
 Improvising much?

anyways here she is after boiling water treatment and not-bad-for-the-first-time partition...

here is 'an interior' of my first wig 
The doll is not ready as such but one morning I just jumped on her with my acrylic paints...
and I have been embracing the autumn already, obviously...

then a pound-shop false lashes fell into my hands (I do have looots of stuff on my desk, ok?)
and here is a result of this spontaneous encounter....
haha, totally over the top and definitely need to tidy-up this makeup, but I bet Czinch is thrilled...

TBC

**  **  **


2 comments:

  1. to TWARZ z niesamowitym potencjałem!!!

    mnie się kojarzy z postaciami z malarstwa
    Kazimierza Mikulskiego, znanego publiczności
    jako ilustrator "Ferdynanda Wspaniałego"

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe, dzieki.
    dziwolazek troszke..
    nic nieutrwalam, bede sie jeszcze bawic..

    ReplyDelete