Thursday, March 14, 2024

London Doll meet No 1

 Year ago, after my narrow escape and all the summer Barbie movie frenzy I finally got connected via Instagram with a group of London doll collectors. My first doll-meet took place on 27.08.23. It has been organised as a picnic in one of the London's parks and ticketed by Eventbrite. Very official. Organiser - path has kindly been waiting with a placard by the underground station's exit and directed me towards a huge pink fleece. I was happy to meet another first-timer - Cleo, of Brazilian heritage. There also have been some freebies / handmedowns - I got barbie babies and a pushchair!

Not sure who to bring I emptied my tin carrycase and prepped six green-eyed dolls in my eclectic mix and match style :-)


A balanced selection of vintage-ish playlines, on eOOAK and one hybrid.


I dressed myself accordingly - sporting my adidas x stella macartney metallic pink jacket...


Here we are - a lovely doll community cross-section



Phat's little-me




Divine mix of expensive dolls and crisps!


I got a bit braver with time and got into taking portraits, 
looking at expensive dolls and holding my first Blythe


...and then it hit me...I've been following this person's Insta account for years now!



Divine!


Fun!


...well, demure I bet!







Hjoomans....




can you see the Alan shirt guy....
It's been several hours after returning home...not only I kind of recognise the face but this is the very much the person who educated us about Alan, thrifted fearlessly, experimented with rebodying and made so many great body comparisons.....back in the day when doll stuff has been happening on Flickr mainly... I thought no way - he is in Australia.




Dolls been super busy when unattended...



...good girls....


Look at me being brave and friendly :-)



...and a few more dolls for the finale...





                                                             Bye bye! Until the next time!



** ** **


No comments:

Post a Comment