Monday, March 7, 2016

ReRooting take 1

oh the adventures in the world of dolls...
Inspired by all of you and the internetz I wanted to try rerooting.
I have chosen my poor charity shop pet doctor Barbie...

Trick with using a hairdryer to warm-up the vinyl did not work that well -compared to dipping in bowl of boiling water as I've found later... I have managed to break the dolls neck but it was cracked and heavely layed before I guess;-)

cutting hair and hooking the glue/roots was fun - very violent and physical tho.. I'd never do it to new from a box doll...not if you are a doll lover...

I didn't want to invest iny real doll hair so I played a bit with texture and colour...
always wanting not so cute and all pink Barbie i went for blue woolen dreadlock:-)

...with heighlights obviously. This is how it goes...
never ending story and i got stuck after first row tbh...
its a lot of work...




 TBC
hopefully

*** *** ****
 

2 comments: