Sunday, September 6, 2020

Ken sanctuary

This is a little tribute entry to charity shop male doll survivour's...
In recent weeks I did not stumble upon any attractive, collectible or at least vintage doll to save and adopt - but there were few 80's Ken dolls...
I never had one in my childhood and to this day I am not super flattered and so far I enjoyed identifying them and letting go to a new loving home - and hopefully a lonely vintage fiance awaiting...

That was one good haul...
in many ways rather histprical


These two dudes were better catch than I originally thought

...and yes, i tottaly fell and kept that sweater for myself!
(and my dangerously growing collection of male dolls)
\

Th eothet dude is totally hideous but reminds me of Lihmal - one of my first loves...
(and he found a new home pretty fast)


LOL


At first I didn't notice anything interesting about these pants...


but it obviously screams Benetton... (and annoying 80's masculinity)



the only kind of tag that actualy makes me excited...


as for the dudes....


This rooted hair platinum mullet and closed lips beauty with


...with twisty taiwaneese pants...


Is the one and only tacky tackity tack Barbie an dThe








If I'm not wrong he is the only Ken wirh hair partition going this side of his head...






...again the one and only Heart Family Dad (one of my primary school friends had him and Mum!)



Couple of days later I stumbled upon this nice guy...




a little bit of hair paint missing...




sadly turns out that clothes got nicely mixed up in play and then in the charity shop and we got here belt and shoes originally belonging to the Rockers ken, oh dear....


I've seen this set photographed and listed several times - and it is obviously genuine and prince-like but to my surprise i still did not manage to identify it precisely...


Hello and good bye to the one and only black-haired - Crystal Ken!



awww...

(fab photo by Mari on Flickr)

***





1 comment:

  1. blondyna miałam,
    ale ciężko się go
    ubierało, więc wygoniłam...

    ReplyDelete