Friday, June 17, 2016

Fleur dolls

I am still rather documenting than updating (damn you chronologcal order) but lets take a shourt break from Mattel...

In England, where I live now she is perceived as an continental cousin of Sindy doll - similar body type, rubberband mechanics, looking aside dolly eyes with eyelashes and 'round' face...
From my perspective as Polish growing up in 80s/90s she was the main opponent of Barbie on our market as I see it. There were some serious playgroud doll wars... is Fleurs head rediculously huge or is Barbie kitchy pink whore...
My parents followed the first line - and it makes sense - Fleur is a dolly for smaller kids kind of... her (of so vintage) clothes were red, brown and box was green... I still think 80's Superstar is microheaded plastic candy but oh all those shades of pinks, golden and silver, glowing dresses... outworldy golden locks and blue eyes (nothing like my family) - the glow of free western world - the hihs and lows of 80s fashion.

Fleurs from my childhood didn't made it somehow and i believe they were played very hard...
I had brunette but she was inherited and with a bad hair /i seriously cannot remember circumstances/ and I clearly can recall owning golden blond Ballerina... this is copletely sensational... she is wearing all pink and i was attending dance school at the time you know! (for 7 years i mean)

 I have carcases of these clothes but somehow forgot about existence of warmers and towel...

 Internet helps you refresh your memories in a wonderful way...while watching old pictures on Pinterest I have recognised a lot of genuine outfits I had รจ most probably from my half-sister - i'll need to thank her...

Here are pictures of these clothes...they were travelling between households i guess (like this red and yellow set)... but i do remember owning original brides gown, leather set, pink canvas set... just wonderful...






when i saw this picture everything came back to me so vividly!


oh... enjoy much more ((((here))))

tbc


No comments:

Post a Comment