Sunday, June 26, 2016

My doll nr 32

...and now for something completely different...
Today we will have a first look into myslightly legendary Swedish bag of dolls...
I have visited my former hometown (two hometowns ago) this February just for one day. As it was around my birthday, well sort of I stated that, yes i will be beuying dolls secondhand;-)

First place that i have visited welcomed me with three ikea storage boxes full of nude and clothed (bagged) dolls... I freaked out...none of them was really an 'ethnic doll' but then I started to see fashionistas (I started to read blogs regularly so had dirty thoughts about 'donors' and clothes reselling...)...there were gingers, some rooted eyelashes, vintage Sindies, 80 Barbes is full set of clothes, god know what but i got overhelmed and kids went nuts... 



The doll I am presenting today was bought for a resale - the 'strange' quality of her vinyl, plastic and hair as well as rather minimal and natural make-up made me think she is older than she is... she had little toes on her legs and really retro looking yellowish blonde...
She might not be the treasure of seventies but its been literaly ages since I held 30 years old Superstar... its bitter sweet - how great is the priogress in thechnology of doll production but sad how plastic, hairline and doll-like objects of my childchood desire really look now...

Thanks to wonderful blog of Lunarh (in Polish) I cought the bug of purple-eyed superstars and she was the one how helped me identify her (noe jewelry).

Straight from shop she looked like that:

 classic blonde chrm is undeniable I'm afraid...
 She is a Dream Date Barbie 1982
(also Fruhlingszauberg Barbie 1983 but I won't elaborate on that)

There you go - box shot of her in her (previous) glory:

sequins and diamond earrings, oh!

Now after serious spa (in fabric softener...geting realy good at this you know) she got this minimal improvised session in (vintage wrapped) whites, enjoy!

 my childchood doll's pearls made of extended Fleur's wedding necklace...

  broken neck, shuuush

LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT POST... ---->



*** *** ***




No comments:

Post a Comment