Thursday, February 11, 2016

My dolls. No 17

 Number SEVENTEEN! 
Seventeen is quite a lot of dolls I have to admit and this one was was exactely the turning point...
I have bought this doll deliberately on-line searching for Afroamerican or Ethnic Barbie /terribly Eurocentric description of course...:-( /

 here are her auction pics. Hair never seen a comb and she just lays down looking like doll becouse thats how author of the photograph sees her...

and here the adventure begins... the identification process... being child of the 80s I kept thinking they are just 'Black Barbies' /I was aware of brunette Teresa and young Skipper ofc./ but its not that easy  - thats why it is so exciting...all these dates of production, lines, variations, names...and OOAKs of course...
Such a wonderful diversity and quite a confussion for the beginners...

Here is a close-up of my "AA Barbie, long hair, pink earrings, brown eyes, pink lips"

 and pensive with Kiyoni...
 
 She had date 1990 on her neck (technically she is vintage but such a novelty for me:-) - she seems to wear original stylish pink laced underwear but I couldn't identify her...
hmmm

While searching for  answers I remembered my childchood Barbies. I remembered I had not one but two blondes wearing only underwear... they were cheap and we could afford at all...and her make up and hairstyle wasn't that terribly 80's /not that i dont have sentiment now.../

They were made every year few years in a row, also in 'Black' versions...


My first Barbie doll - Fun to Dress 1987!
I can't recall what happend with her which is shocking as I played with her haaard...

my number two, which I loved a bit more it seems and her hand was chewed by my puppy dachsundbut I was above that at the time (like 13 I mean;-)...

 To make the long story short - years 1987 and 1989 had AA versions but it wasn't mu outfit and not my face (1990) obviously...
                                                           and Hispanic one as well...

Debbie Garrett from blackdollcollecting.com came with help saying "It's a Barbie or Christie that uses the Asha head sculpt post 1990." but cold not dentify the clothing...

...so 'Black Barbie' or 'Barbies friend - Christie' using Asha sculpt...

anyone??

****  ***  ****


No comments:

Post a Comment