Sunday, August 28, 2016

My Doll - nr 41

Today I will come to the bottom of my Swedish charty shop bag!
When my bagpack and heart were already overfowing with dolls I pushed myself a little bit harder and went to one more shop. Went to under-the-stairs space where i bought my first doll as an adult at least 6 years ago but there was some hipster vintage stuff this time - luckly found the right section where appliances used to be in my era.

Another decent pile.../no photo sorry/ I was very systematic, cleared every face from hair, placed each doll on their back (Monk mode). Nothing interested tbh. My heart jumped once but it was only Jasmina's tan...I left behind one modern Christie with painted on bikini and one Lea or Lara but she wasn't stunning (so i thought) + after all I got myself in serious collector's mode and got good version of Teresa.

Fair skin, chestnut/hazel nut hair... belly button body but a very small head... minimal natural make-up from early 2000 /now I know/.


My thoughts were spinning around T with a cat (but elbows?!) or this ballerina-princess nut cracker gingery thing... so I asked for help at Polish doll forum - the verdict was:

Rio de Janeiro Teresa 2002

I can't believe they still used this lovely mold in XXI century and then made all those bad decisions...
what is more surprising is her lack of tan and general tropical vacation stylisaton - kind of a city girl - it must be her first day or sth...

This is how she looks fresh and clean:








 In box she used to look like that - not very impressive but the picture made me realize that I got Skipper (in original swimwear) from this series as an 'extra' once...


Skipper which I was gong to sell will have to stay now... 
you know "I don't have any doll with this mold yet" kind of thing...


there are some handsome friends I never seen before ..average Christe but Lea is a stunner /och surprise;-)/

 (these pics are from pinterest but sourced from flickr but I can'tsee whos, sorry)

and this is what is waiting you next from this innocent looking girl:

 TBC

*** ** *** ** ***

2 comments:

  1. och - taką Leę jak z fotki mieeeć...

    ReplyDelete
  2. niesamowita i taka bezkompromisowo azjatycka, ze tak powiem...

    ReplyDelete